EPPD text RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emergency Room

2 posters

Go down

Emergency Room Empty Emergency Room

Post by N. LeBlanc Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:47 pm

This is where most of action that will occur for SIAU will happen.  The hospital has a roundabout in the front of the Emergency room to allow multiple ambulances to park and bring in their patients.  All patients will be brought inside and the doctors will take the stretcher from the EMS crew who will head to the stock room to get another stretcher, backboard, or other supplies that are needed. Once the patient is dropped off, please move these trucks to the parking area outside of the hospital. Inside, there are approximately 60 treatment rooms and five trauma rooms with four trauma teams, 10 resident doctors, and a chief of ER doctor. There is also a large elevator that can be used to bring patients down from the helipad to this area.
N. LeBlanc
N. LeBlanc
Admin

https://eppd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Emergency Room Empty Re: Emergency Room

Post by N. LeBlanc Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:43 pm

*As we ride in the ambulance over to the hospital, I try to keep my wife calm and myself composed for her sake. I call Abigail on the way and let her know what happened with her mother as we hit a bump. I know that Hailey's adrenaline is wearing off, so the pain should be returning. As we hit the bump, I hear her scream in pain and Abigail start crying for her. I hear the paramedic in the back call the hospital for an order to push morphine. I immediately grab it from the ALS bag and use my teeth to pull the cap off as the paramedic gets approval. I look into Hailey's eyes as she clenches them in pain and push the needle into the tubing and push the morphine into her. I hear an order for ketamine since we're not driving through the best part of town, so they want to give her a sedative. Once the paramedic pushes it, I see Hailey go unconscious. We get to the hospital shortly later where they bring her in. I follow to the ER room and watch from behind the curtain as they start treating my wife. I keep checking my phone for updates from Abigail or the guys at the fire, but it's most important that I'm with Hale right now. I sigh but continue to watch. When visitation starts, I head in and sit with my wife for the hour that I'm afforded wit her before the nurse kicks me out. Instead of trying to sit in the waiting room, I decide to walk down to the cafeteria.*
N. LeBlanc
N. LeBlanc
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by H. LeBlanc Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:04 pm

*I wake up groggily and then look around and I see that I'm in the hospital. I see Nick asleep holding my hand and Abigail with her back to me. I don't want to wake Nick up, so I turn to Abigail.*

'Hey hon.'

*She turns around and visibly breathes a sigh of relief and almost jogs to me and his me. I try to calm her down and get her to press the Nurse's call button so they will know that I'm awake, which they should be able to find out since I'm hooked up to god-knows-what. They come in and they let me know what is going on as Nick is still sleeping. I think about waking him up, but I don't want to do that since I know that we'll have a tough job ahead of us. When he tells me that we can leave after a few days, I thank him as he walks off. I wait for Nick to wake up and then let him know what the doctor said.*
H. LeBlanc
H. LeBlanc

Back to top Go down

Post by N. LeBlanc Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:31 am

*I wake up and see Hale looking at me, causing me to apologize for sleeping through her ordeal. Abigail fills me in on the details as I get a phone call. I pull my phone out and see who it is from, causing me to reach down and hug Hailey before I head out into the hallway and answer the phone. When I hear its our guys on the scene ready to start the USAR work, I let them know that I'll be there in two hours. I come back in the room and start gathering my stuff, causing Hale to ask if she can go once she's discharged in about half an hour.*

Me: 'Babe, you have a broken leg and probably back issues. You can't go digging.'

Hale: 'It's a major scene that I was responsible for not getting those kids out. I'm gonna at least free them from eternity in there.'

Me: 'Babe, what do you want me to say? I can't get you on the pile with your injuries.'

Hale: 'I don't care. I'm going to be doing something out there whether you like it or not.'

Me: 'Fine. Fine. I'll leave you on the perimeter and have you work on the logistics. I know it's not what you want, but I can't put you in the pile. I am sorry.'

*We deliberate for a bit longer before Hale is released and I head over with her to our station and get into the USAR rigs and bring them with us to start working, despite how bad it will be.*
N. LeBlanc
N. LeBlanc
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by H. LeBlanc Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:39 am

*I roll my eyes when I hear Nick say that I cannot be on the pile working with him. I'm not pleased that I'll only be working logistics and playing liaison with the EMS guys, but I guess I'll have to take it.*

'Well, I guess I don't have a choice. But I will be on the pile whenever someone is recovered.'

*I wait a bit longer before I get discharged and told to come back for physical therapy. I send my family out of the room as I change out of the stupid hospital gown and into my fire uniform. I decide to put on my coverall shirt because I'm not going to be in my job shirt. I make sure that I have everything that I will need in my pockets and then get Nick and Abigail. I use my crutches to get out of the hospital and down to Nick's truck that Abigail brought over. He drives us to our house where we drop Abigail off and then to the school fire.*
H. LeBlanc
H. LeBlanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum